Recent News

Wednesday 14 July 2010

The most exciting day!

My last post featured soldiers arresting drug dealers AND a poisonous snake, but today had much more up it's sleeve!

The dog truck, a pickup with a rusty cage in the back filled with dogs, arrived in the village, and because both of our dogs here died recently I thought a new one was in order, so I bought a dog! The price was 35 baht per kilo (since these dogs were meant for killing) so I now have 14kg of dog!

I knew I had to be careful with buying a dog like this because who knows how it has previously lived. I saw how mine was pretty calm in the cramped cage and decided it had a good attitude. It (She) still got very angry at the rough handling the villagers provided in transporting her to the garden. Never one to be afraid of an animal bite I set about befriending her. I left some water and nibbles, let her smell my hand and left her for an hour while I had dinner. After, I went and gave her some fish, which she took from my hand without snatching. A fine temperment indeed. She eventually snuggled up to me. I'm sure in a few days she can come off the leash.

13 might be unlucky for some but it was an excellent day for me.

I won't be updating this blog any more - go to The Penang Blog to see my new and exciting Malaysia blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment