Recent News

Friday 26 March 2010

Are Chickens Cannibals?

Welcome to the second coming of Towers in Thailand. About a week ago Google sucker-punched me, right in the face, and decided that the previous incarnation of my blog was spam and deleted it (not to mention locking up my Gmail account) and they're determinedly ignoring my attempts to get it back. 6 months of posts have therefore disappeared, not to mention the fact that all the previous readers have probably gone, which I'm disappointed about. I will reincarnate some of the more interesting posts like the videos of me play-fighting with a baby elephant and some of the things from Bangkok, but I guess I've got to forget about the old stuff and just remember to back up in future.

For anyone new, or anyone old who recently lost a fight with a horse and has amnesia, I'm a 22 year old from the UK who just finished university and is taking a year out before I go to what can simplistically be called "Law School". I spent 6 months working in a hotel in Bangkok, where I was perpetually infuriated. I then moved to Taweechai Elephant Camp where I spent my time learning how to control elephants, then mostly messing about with a 7 year old girl, fighting with a 4 month old baby, and showing off my banana... basket lifting abilities. (I estimated we sold about 1000 bananas each day and they needed to be put in a basket and lifted). Now, I've moved to a hill tribe village up a mountain where no one speaks any English beyond "Hey you!" The interesting-looking ladies in the photo at the top of the page are from this tribe, by the way. I'm on 48k mobile internet and 15km from the nearest town. 

I hope to make this new blog even more interesting and I know you're all waiting to see what the title of my post is about and I won't drag it out any longer. Many years ago on a school trip to France, I remember we threw cooked chicken breasts at some chickens to see if they would eat it, which they didn't. Thai chickens seem to be different. Do not adjust your monitor. What you are about to see is real. This morning, I saw a young chicken running along with the leg of a fallen comrade, a baby chick, in it's mouth. It set it down and began furiously trying to eat it. Cannibal!


I won't be updating this blog any more - go to The Penang Blog to see my new and exciting Malaysia blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment