Recent News

Wednesday 19 May 2010

New Design

I've changed my blog to this new autumn layout because I'm now coming into my last 4 months in Thailand, so things are coming to an end, but I'm mostly just playing with the new layout feature and it will change again soon.

I made a nice little trip to the elephant camp this week and Mali and I became even better friends. We were standing around chatting when she forced me to stand under her neck. She then rested her head on my back. Maybe she thinks I'm a baby and was giving me some shade? It's hard to figure out an elephant's motives.

It's a common trick to have an elephant "kiss" a guest on the cheek with it's trunk, but they do have to be told. When I went to say goodbye to Mali on my last day at the camp, she voluntarily gave me a little peck on the arm, which was sweet.


This is Mali and a larger female elephant. The two of them behave quite oddly when they're together. They're passive-aggressive, very slowly shoving each other and "stealthily" stealing the others' food. It's weird to watch.



This adorable baby squirrel is the new pet of one of the ladies at the camp. I don't know if it's one of these endangered species you're always warned about not purchasing while in Asia though. It was very tame and a Russian tour guide marveled at how much it seemed to enjoy crawling over me:

I won't be updating this blog any more - go to The Penang Blog to see my new and exciting Malaysia blog!

2 comments:

Mr Gray said...

Nick, i want tshirts from thailand, like £30 worth, however many that can get ya, i an transfer the monies into your account if you want before you get them. If this is too much, then ill get like 2 tshirts. I just want some funky ones, the one you got one in the pic in this post is cool. Black and white and my favourite colours (tones). But will talk about this more during summer. after exams, of which i have one today,nooooooooooo

Penang Blogger said...

I'll be happy to bring back some stuff, it just depends on the weight of my suitcase. Having said that, if it's just tshirts, I guess there's nothing to stop me wearing 30 tshirts at the same time onto the plane...

Post a Comment