Recent News

Thursday 10 June 2010

Dream This!

Everybody dreams. It's a demonstrable fact. Yet, everyone knows someone who claims that they do not dream. You might even be the person who tells people you never dream.

The reason people think they don't dream is that their dream recall is far worse than average and they just don't remember what they dreamt about.

I've been keeping a dream journal, which is just a pad and pen by my bed, and when I wake up during the night and in the morning I make a big effort to remember and write down what I dreamt about. This helps improve recollection of dreams, which is useful if you want to try and have lucid dreams.

Anyway, I do wake up to some fairly amusing scrawlings of the message I took from the dream or a snippet of content on the paper. Some of my favourites include:

"Pig sleep better with a dry mouth"

"Bevel your house.
Bevel your house.
Bevel your house."

"Eminem newspaper misquote leads to dry accusations"

"Loads of dwarfs dancing outside parliament. The public must also dance foolishly to prevent them asking awkward questions of politicians."

If you can't remember your dreams and would like to get in on the action, all you need is a pen and paper and some willpower.

By the way, I once met a girl who openly called me a liar when I said I had a friend called Dave who could lick his own elbow. She said it was impossible and I was lying in front of the group. She was so confident that I was wrong that to rub it in, in front of everyone she tried to lick her own elbow. And she succeeded.

I won't be updating this blog any more - go to The Penang Blog to see my new and exciting Malaysia blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment