Recent News

Thursday 29 April 2010

The punishment fits in the crime!

These are the two key things that happened:

A Russian woman was rude to me
I deleted every photo on her camera

This may sound bad, but what actually happened was that on my brief return to the elephant camp I was helping to sell bananas for the baby elephant to eat. A Russian lady approached and bought a basket of bananas. Demonstrating the Russian Rudeness that I saw on a daily basis while working at the camp, she took them without a smile or a word. Then, still silent, she thrust her camera in my face and I was compelled to leave the shade and photograph her. After just three photos her memory card was full (with over 1000 photos) so I thought I'd just delete the last one I took. I should have just given it back to her and gone back to my hut instead of trying to be helpful, because with her Kodak camera, it is very much possible to format the memory card with just three button presses... oops. Now she started speaking to me!

Obviously being slightly impolite to someone doesn't warrant the deletion of all your holiday memories, but I reckon this was just symptomatic, a manifestation of her chronic rudeness while in Thailand, and karma had decided to act through me to punish her. Well, probably.

I won't be updating this blog any more - go to The Penang Blog to see my new and exciting Malaysia blog!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Evil Nick makes a return!

Penang Blogger said...

Well, it was an accident. If I was really evil I'd have done it deliberately. I couldn't have though, because the camera was in Russian!

Post a Comment