Recent News

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Kick Ass!

Since I'm being given free food, accommodation and a modest harem in the hill tribe village, I thought it would be nice to take Pensi and her sister to Taweechai Elephant Camp in Kanchanaburi. The villagers didn't understand of course, insisting I just go to an elephant camp in Chiang Rai. I just smiled and asked them if they would pay the 6,000 baht (£120, $180). I wanted to see my friends (human and elephant) again. Thus the three of us headed off to Bangkok, but the little sister (15), whose real name, adorably, is “Nice Day” didn't do well with the bus and didn't want to make the 2 hour journey onwards to the elephant camp, so she went to see her big sister (24) in Bangkok.

After the elephant camp, Pensi and I also went to visit big sis, who was working until 10pm.We seemed to be in a hard-working area- there were loads of printing shops nearby, emitting rather nice paper smells. The man downstairs also seemed to spend about 16 hours a day making a ring. The room was very hot though and there wasn't much to do. Although my pile of “Jew Gold” is certainly diminishing, since I don't spend money on alcohol and hookers I'm not on the dole yet and I thought the three of us should go to the cinema.

We went to a big mall for rich folks and there were lots of foreigners there so I blended in well. I had assumed that the two girls would have been to the cinema before, but it turned out they hadn't, which was why they were excited and also didn't know the “procedure” for the cinema – in fact, I had to tell THEM to stand up to honour the king. Usually it's the wrinkly foreigner who needs to be told to stand up!

I had originally wanted to see Clash of the Titans but since the non-3D showing (the 3D in this is apparently terrible) was quite late we went for Kick Ass instead and it was a great choice. I thought it was a fantastic film and I'd highly recommend anyone living on Moseley Road, indeed, on any road, to go and watch it.

I won't be updating this blog any more - go to The Penang Blog to see my new and exciting Malaysia blog!

2 comments:

Mr Gray said...

Rah Rah Rah, We just got the sunday times rich list Nick, and your not in it yet. I rang them up to report the mistake, they would resolve the problem they said after verification!

I want to see this film. But revision is getting under way, and i may have to illegally download it and watch it away from the fbi's eyes. Although im sure Rob has been reprimanded by them and is now working as an undercover spy, mainly investigating the effects of a topless man in a night club have on drinks sales, and if having something written on his chest has any effect.

I has an assessment centre the other day, went ok, ill let youknow of the outcome late on in the week!

Over and Oli

Penang Blogger said...

Not everyone who is very rich is on those lists you know, some of us prefer the privacy and tax evasion that anonymity affords, but thanks for the comment and the effort. Tell me about this assessment thing, I have no idea what it means.

Although I personally would recommend seeing Kick Ass at the cinema, I do pay around £2.50 for a ticket and the kick ass trip only cost £10 including food, so I understand the reluctance of one who has to pay £8 a ticket and then £1 per piece of popcorn and 79p per ml of watered down coke that is 99% ice.

Rather than going on a 1400km round trip again to watch a film in bangkok, on monday I'm going to make the 100km round trip to the nearest cinema to watch Iron Man 2, and I'm going to bloody love it.

Post a Comment